Energy Assessor / auditor
Position: Energy Assessor / auditor
Location: Roanoke Electric Cooperatives service territory- company vehicle provided)
Salary: 50K plus benefits for the right individual(s)
Employer: EEtility (REC’s Upgrade To Save Program Operator)
The Upgrade To Save Energy Assessor will perform comprehensive Home Energy Assessments in accordance with Upgrade To Save program standards, collect and analyze data with Optimizer software, create scopes of work and recommend improvements that will offer a positive cash flow for participants bills from the generated energy savings.
Energy Efficiency Assessors will need to perform indoor air quality / health and safety checks / CAZ testing, test HVAC system for duct leakage, test home’s thermal boundary for air leakage, inspect any crawl spaces and attics, as well as check existing HVAC equipment for potential energy efficiency improvements. She or he will input all data into the Optimizer software, create appropriate air and duct sealing targets and compile appropriate recommendations for a weatherization crew to lower the home’s overall energy use, improve comfort, and generate positive cash flow savings for the participant. Must effectively communicate building science applications and terminology to Coop members and weatherization crews.
This position requires being able to lift up to 30lbs, climbing on ladders, and inspecting tight spaces. Some basic construction and HVAC systems experience is preferred. Previous energy auditing experience is expected and a current BPI Building Analyst certification or RESNET HERS rater certification is required. Work schedule is 4 10- hour days per week with an expectation of producing 8 to 10 completed energy audits each week. Interested parties should send a resume and letter of interest to Tammy Agard @ email@example.com. and Rafalolan@eetility.com For more information, please call Tammy
@ (501) 351-5212 or Rafal @ (501) 515-2203
- Conduct full energy efficiency assessments in residential homes, inspect and analyze attic spaces, basements and/or crawl spaces. Determine insulation levels in both attics and walls. Conduct visual checks of age and condition of HVAC equipment and ducts.
- Complete detailed and accurate data collection, assessment field notes, as well as weatherization notes. Enter data into OptiMiser energy software (training is provided), generate a list of recommended improvements and go over the report with the participating Coop member.
- Interact with program participants, effectively communicating the audit and retrofit process, and answering any questions regarding energy efficiency improvements and the program procedure or the next steps.
- Encourage participants to undertake cost effective energy saving measures based on the home energy audit. Educate them when any measures can be completed by themselves.
- Provide technical guidance to weatherization crews when called upon and assist weatherization crews when requested. May involve assisting in the training of other auditors or for providing ongoing support to help enforce overall program requirements.
- Stay current on program initiatives, policies and procedures. Propose ideas for work flow improvement. Develop advanced technical knowledge in energy efficiency and building science.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate’s degree or higher in a related field preferred.
- Active BPI or RESNET energy auditor certification.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in residential construction, energy conservation, HVAC, building diagnostics, duct sealing, and air infiltration reduction is a plus.
- Familiarity with building energy modeling software such as OptiMizer, RemRATE, NEAT or others is required (training for the Upgrade To Save program software will be acquired on the job).
- Excellent communication skills, customer service skills, professionalism and reliability.
- Math and proficiency in computer skills required.
- Must have the ability to utilize a tablet and mobile devices for assessments and communication.
- Must be able to prioritize, multi-task and work under strict deadlines.
- Ability to utilize basic hand and power tools, as well as climb ladders for access.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- A valid driver’s license and transportation to work each day (company car provided for audits)
- Ability to pass drug screen and background check.