New year. New design. New user-friendly functionality. Same dependable information. Welcome to our new website!
January 13, 2015
As we’re focusing more on developing a heightened level of effective communications with our members, your cooperative is excited to announce the launch of its new website.
That’s right! We feel that our website should be a major vehicle available for you to easily conduct business with us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Therefore, our new website is designed to allow you to have a one-of-a-kind experience where you can easily control this online interaction.
With our member-first mindset, our website is designed with you, the member, in mind. For that reason, we asked ourselves: What website features are important to our members? Is it a website that has a creative design but yet it’s still easy to navigate? Is it one that is always updated with the latest information about service offerings that can benefit you?
Keeping this in focus, your cooperative believes that it has created a website with features that our members would agree are on their ultimate website checklist.
The Ultimate Website Checklist:
- Home Page: Our new homepage welcomes visitors with bold colors, a clean design, and rolling images with content focused on featured programs and exclusive service offerings. It is the gateway to information about The Big Four, our News and Events feed and a direct log-in to your unique online application known as the Member Portal. This layout allows you to easily access information based on your own choice rather than having to sift through everything to decide what interests you.
The new site is divided into eight main sections: My Home, My Business, Member Services, My Community, Power Outages, News Center, About Us, and The Roanoke Center.
- My Home: A top-of-mind concern for our members has always been how they can better manage their energy use. Therefore, we offer residential account members access to numerous resources like prepaid metering, residential lighting options, energy audits, and energy analysis tools through our HomeEnergySuite.
- My Business: As a business owner, we know that you face a unique set of challenges. Your cooperative has set aside this area to give information about agricultural and commercial services, innovative business resources that promote economic development, unique rate options, and opportunities to promote your business’ products and services.
- Member Services: This section is new to our site. We created an area where current and prospective members could enjoy the convenience of managing all of their account needs in one place. From paying your bill and monitoring your payment history, to applying for or transferring service, our members have total control over how they choose to manage all aspects of their account.
- My Community: One of our guiding principles is having concern for our community. Take advantage of the many community-oriented events and educational opportunities your co-op offers in this section. Scholarships and grants are available for area youth and local organizations.
- Power Outages: Members will still be able to report an outage and view real-time updates of our restoration efforts following power outages. Our Outage Map and Outage Viewer display the location and total members affected by any current outages in our service territory.
- News Center: The website will also feature various types of rich content! Our News Center is the hub of all communications concerning events and the major place for you to stay connected to your cooperative. Get the latest news, digital copies of our Roanoke Flashes publication, and updates for your upcoming Annual Meeting, and gain direct access to our social media pages on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. Here you’ll be able to check out photos, videos and other exciting content.
- About Us: Ever wondered how your cooperative got started or curious about the careers your cooperative offers? Learn about your co-op’s history, get a personal message from your CEO, get to know your board of directors, and find job postings in this section.
- The Roanoke Center: For your convenience, we’ve consolidated The Roanoke Center’s website with our main website. You can still access the site directly by visiting www.roanokecenter.org.
With the above improvements, we’ve intentionally made it easier for you to stay connected to all of the information and convenient services we continue to offer. Be on the lookout for additional features that will be revealed throughout the year. For now, feel free to visit www.roanokeelectric.com for more.